Happy New Year and Welcome 2020!
If you are among the many of us that made resolutions this New Year, how are you feeling about them now, a few days into 2020?
What are your resolutions and why are they important to you? Too many people declare that they are going to lose weight or get out of debt, yet forget to think about the plan they need to carry out these resolutions. A goal without a plan, is just a dream – now, I wish I came up with that! It is very true. Another cliche is if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Questions to Ponder:
Let’s take losing weight for example:
- Why do you want to lose weight? Is it for you? Is it because someone else told you you should? Maybe it’s for health reasons?
- How much do you want to lose?
- What is your timeline to lose this weight?
- Will you follow a certain diet?
- Can you visualize how you will feel when you reach your weight goal?
- How will you maintain your new weight?
- What roadblocks can you see that could derail you and your plans? How will you handle those when they come along?
- Who will be your support?
These are just a few questions, there are many more to consider to consider before you embark on a big change. Change is difficult and not just for you. Others may not want you to change and may sabotage you unconsciously because if you change they might have to take a good look at themselves.
Take some time to reflect back over the past few years – have all your resolutions been the same? Have you felt disappointment when you didn’t achieve a goal you set for yourself?
How can things be different for you this year?
Wishing you all the best this year! Christine
How Coaching Supports you:
Coaching can support you in both your personal and professional goals. Your Coach is your biggest supporter, but will ask the tough questions needed for you to discover the answers you need to bring about change in your life.